Coventry Soccer Association (CSA)
Welcome to another exciting year of developmental soccer. I would like to welcome all the returning families and those who are new to our organization. Please read the following completely as it should give you a clear indication to the expectations and direction of Coventry Soccer Association.
- No jewelry allowed!
This includes ALL ages. The referee will request that all jewelry (earrings, necklaces, bracelets, silly bands, watches, rings, hair clips, etc.) be removed. If jewelry is not removed, that player will not be allowed to play! Only medical ID bracelets are allowed!
- Soccer cleats or sneakers must be worn.
NO baseball cleats allowed! - All players must wear Shin Guards. - Please arrive 20 minutes before game to be ready to play. - Referees are kids. Please be patient and respectful! - No pets allowed on fields.
- No smoking anywhere at Fish Hill Field complex!!!
CSAs' goal for all players is to:
- Play hard
- Have fun
- Support your team
- Love the game
- Respect the other team and the referees.
We expect all players and parents to conduct themselves with the highest level of integrity, honesty and dignity both on and off the field during the season.
NOTE: Any player whose behavior on or off the field jeopardizes the reputation of CSA, or is deemed inappropriate by board members, may be subject to immediate suspension or dismissal.
It's very important for the parents of players to let the coaches do their job.
The players will thrive knowing they have your unconditional love, admiration and enthusiasm.
Parents Code of Conduct:
- Parents must not coach from the sidelines during games and practices.
- Parents should not criticize their child on any part of the player's game. Leave the coaching to the coaches since it may cause confusion and undermine the player's confidence.
- Be your child's best fan and support him/her unconditionally. Please be supporting and always focus on the positive aspects of their game.
- Do not criticize your child's coach to your child or other parents. If you are not happy with the coach you should raise the issue with the coach.
- Help your player to focus on the performance and not the result.
- Winning is not as important as the effort.
- Support all the players on your child's team. Do not criticize any player.
- Do not criticize the opponents, their parents, coaches or the referee.
- If a parent is acting inappropriately when in attendance of a game and/or practice and makes it uncomfortable for either of the following:
- Other parents watching the game
- Players and coaches performing in the game
- Referees controlling the game
The parent will be spoken to by a board member and be asked to refrain from such conduct that is deemed detrimental to the game and the enjoyment by all.
If the parent continues to conduct themselves in such a manner, the parent will be asked to leave the field. Repeated offenses by the parent will be subject to each son(s)/daughter(s), of that parent, removal from the team and dismissal from the CSA league for the remainder of the fall season.
Respect the facilities at our field. Please do not litter!